Universal Audio UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate 3
Universal Audio UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate 3
Supercharge your music-production system with a Universal Audio UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate 3 system. Loaded with eight Analog Devices SHARC chips, this UAD-2 OCTO PCIe card gives you a ridiculous amount of DSP plug-in power, allowing you to run stellar UAD Powered plug-ins without taxing your host computer one bit. Speaking of plug-ins, they don't call it the Ultimate 3 bundle for nothing. With the UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate system, you get an astounding collection of 73 of the best sounding plug-ins money can buy. Audio engineers at Sweetwater will confirm that the Universal Audio UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate 3 system is one of the most powerful sonic upgrades you can make to your DAW.
Experience the power of SHARC chip technology
Universal Audio's UAD-2 cards take advantage of state-of-the-art DSP technology, adding serious horsepower to your music-production system. These SHARC chips boast 32-bit floating-point architecture, for the ultimate in processing precision and performance. When put to the test, the power potential of even a single UAD-2 card is more than impressive. Better still, you can mix and match up to four UAD-2 cards, allowing you to meet the processing needs of even the most demanding sessions and studio workflows.
Flexible operation modes for tracking and mixing
Using UAD-2 OCTO's LiveTrack mode, you can reduce latency on active UAD-2 plug-ins to the lowest amount possible. That's just what you need for monitoring processed audio during the live tracking stages. On the mixing side, Universal Audio gave the UAD-2 OCTO a handy LoadLock feature. This useful tool lets you automatically reserve the maximum DSP load that each of your active UAD-2 plug-ins could ever demand, so you'll be certain you have enough DSP to engage features, such as writing automation, later.
Take home the complete UAD-powered plug-in library
With the UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate 3 system, you'll never make due with a less-than-ideal plug-in choice again. Why? Because Universal Audio's hooking you up with a massive selection of UAD-powered plug-ins from their extensive UAD-powered plug-in library - we're talking 79 amazing virtual processors and effects. From classics such as UA's LA-2A and 1176LN to masterpieces by Manley, Studer, Empirical Labs, Neve, Fairchild, and many others - the UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate 3 system gives you the sound of some of the hottest analog gear ever made.
- Flagship DSP-accelerator PCIe card for UAD Powered Plug-ins loaded with 8 x Analog Devices SHARC 21469 floating-point coprocessors for DSP plug-in acceleration
- Comes with a voucher for 79 UAD-powered plug-ins - an amazing collection of virtual processors and effects
- UAD Powered Plug-ins made in partnership with top gear makers including Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, Teletronix, and many others
- Includes Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A, 1176LN/SE, Pultec EQP-1A, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- Run complex mix processing without taxing your host computer's CPU
- Plug-ins available in AAX, VST, AU, and RTAS formats for use with Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer, and most other Mac or PC DAWs
- Linkable to existing UAD groups/systems (up to 4 UAD-2s per system)
- Coverage includes free UAD software upgrades and a 1-year limited warranty
- Supported Computer Format Mac, PC
- Supported Plug-In Formats AAX, VST, AU, RTAS
- Processor 8 x SHARC 21469 Floating-point Coprocessors Chips
- Connectivity Type PCIe
- Hardware Requirements - Mac 1 x PCIe slot, 4GB disk space
- Hardware Requirements - PC 1 x PCIe slot, 4GB disk space
- OS Requirements - Mac OS X 10.8.5
- OS Requirements - PC Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Width 4.2"
- Depth 6.6"