Universal Audio UAD-2 Duo Core
Universal Audio UAD-2 Duo Core
Plug Universal Audio's amazing UAD-2 DUO Core PCIe card into your computer and find out what your mixes have been missing! Turbocharged with two Analog Devices SHARC chips, this UAD-2 DUO gives you the awesome DSP power you need to take the load off your CPU, plus the Analog Classics collection - a killer bundle of UAD-powered plug-ins that will infuse your mix with the freakishly realistic sound of studio-standard analog gear. Any way you look at it, the Universal UAD-2 DUO is a major upgrade to any studio.
Experience the power of SHARC chip technology
Universal Audio's UAD-2 cards take advantage of state-of-the-art DSP technology, adding serious horsepower to your music-production system. Both of the SHARC chips onboard boast 32-bit floating-point architecture, for the ultimate in precision and performance. When put to the test, the power potential of even a single UAD-2 system is more than impressive. Better still, you can mix and match up to four UAD-2 PCIe cards or Satellites, allowing you to meet the processing needs of even the most demanding sessions.
Flexible operation modes for tracking and mixing
Using UAD-2 DUO's LiveTrack mode, you can reduce latency on active UAD-2 plug-ins to the lowest amount possible. That's just what you need for monitoring processed audio during the live tracking stages. On the mixing side, Universal Audio gave the UAD-2 DUO a handy LoadLock feature. This useful tool lets you automatically reserve the maximum DSP load that each of your active UAD-2 plug-ins could ever demand, so you'll be certain you have enough DSP to engage features, such as writing automation, later.
Analog Classics starts you off with five killer UAD plug-ins
Universal Audio's Analog Classics collection starts off with a couple of classic UA dynamics processors: the iconic LA-2A audio leveler and 1176LN/SE limiting amplifiers. It's almost unfair how realistic these plug-ins sound, let alone the fact that your UAD-2 card has more than enough power to run several instances of both at once. Then there's a dead-on re-creation of Pultec's legendary EQP-1A program EQ, the Pultec Pro EQ, plus the outstanding RealVerb Pro room modeler. And if that's not enough, you can always pick up more plug-ins a la carte at the UAD store.
- Powerful DSP-accelerator PCIe card for UAD Powered Plug-ins loaded with 2 x Analog Devices SHARC 21469 floating-point coprocessors for DSP plug-in acceleration
- Includes Analog Classics plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A, 1176LN/SE, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- Additional UAD plug-ins available at the UAD online store
- UAD plug-ins made in partnership with top gear makers including Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, Teletronix, and many others
- Run complex mix processing in Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer, and more - without taxing host computer CPU
- Free UAD software upgrades, plus access to more plug-ins at UA's online store
- AAX, VST, AU, RTAS support
- Linkable to existing UAD groups/systems - use up to 4 UAD-2s in one system
- Not compatible with Mac Pros released late 2013 or later
- 1-year limited warranty
- Supported Computer Format Mac, PC
- Supported Plug-In Formats AAX, VST, AU, RTAS
- Processor 2 x SHARC 21469 Floating-point Coprocessors Chips
- Connectivity Type PCIe
- Hardware Requirements - Mac 1 x PCIe slot, 4GB disk space
- Hardware Requirements - PC 1 x PCIe slot, 4GB disk space
- OS Requirements - Mac OS X 10.8.5
- OS Requirements - PC Windows 7 (64-bit, SP1)
- Width 4.2"
- Depth 6.6"