High-gloss nitro over a cellulose CAB basecoat gives the 35th Anniversary Custom 24 a finish that’s thin, durable, and crystal clear — the perfect formula for vintage feel and superior resonance. If this recipe sounds familiar, it’s what PRS has been using on its Private Stock models for years.
Solid mahogany with a figured maple top
A tried-and-true combination of warm mahogany and figured maple is the key to the 35th Anniversary Custom 24’s rich tone and sustain. The mahogany body offers natural tonal warmth, which is complemented perfectly by the brighter tone of its beautifully carved maple top.
Pattern Regular mahogany neck
The 35th Anniversary Custom 24 features PRS's Pattern Regular neck profile. Evolved from designs Paul Reed Smith has been working on for decades and perfected after years of prototyping, the Pattern Regular neck shape is similar to the traditional Regular-profile neck found on PRS guitars made in the late 1980s. The Pattern Regular neck carve is a nice balance between fat '50s-style necks and the thin necks that became popular in the early '60s. It's ideal for players who alternate between thumb-over fretting techniques and classical left-hand positioning, pivoting with their thumb on the back of the neck.
Ear-tuned 85/15 pickups
Paul retooled his original 1985 pickups to bring the sweet harmonics and chunky warmth of this classic design to your 35th Anniversary Custom 24 — but with modern output and articulation for today’s players and gear. Each set of pickups has been ear-tuned to perfection by Paul and his team, a process known as Tuned Capacitance and Inductance (TCI). The end result is a very musical pickup that’s true to its lineage, but updated for the modern player. Along with an intuitive 3-way blade, you get mini coil-tap switches to unlock classic single-coil spank and chime at each position with no perceived loss of output.
"[We’ve] used the TCI process to fine-tune every model to sound exactly as we want it to. To our ears, the results are very musical." — Paul Reed Smith on the 35th Anniversary Custom 24’s TCI-tuned 85/15 pickups
PRS 35th Anniversary Custom 24 Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- A commemorative Custom 24 with special finish options, pickups, and appointments
- Thin, durable nitro-over-cellulose finish derived from the Private Stock collection
- Figured maple over mahogany — a classic tonewood recipe
- 25-inch-scale Pattern Regular mahogany neck is built for speed and comfort
- 24-fret rosewood fingerboard with Birds inlays and matching headstock veneer
- TCI-tuned 85/15 humbuckers with coil-split mini toggles deliver an impressive range of tones
- PRS Gen III vibrato bridge/tailpiece gives you reliable note bending and rocksteady tuning
- Phase III locking tuners with faux-bone buttons
- Inlaid Small Eagle truss rod cove