PreSonus Eris E5 2-way active studio monitors give you an inexpensive way to get accurate sound that regular computer speakers simply can't deliver. For starters, these nearfield monitors feature robust Kevlar woofers that offer excellent low-frequency reproduction with next to no distortion, and silk-dome tweeters that deliver smooth and balanced highs. The result: sound you can trust, which means the mixes you create will translate better from one stereo to another. That's something you won't get out of multimedia speakers, which are designed to make music sound better, not to reproduce audio accurately.
Onboard Acoustic Tuning controls let you contour your sound for your space
If you've read the Sweetwater Studio Monitor Buying Guide, then you already know about the problems that go with putting your monitors too close to walls. That's when extreme low frequencies actually cause your walls to vibrate and act like big speaker cones, filling the air with false harmonics and ruining your ability to mix with accuracy. But sometimes, the shape and size of your room leaves you with no alternative but to place your monitors close to a wall. That's where the Eris E5's Acoustic Tuning controls come in handy. By cutting your Eris E5's bass by up to 4dB, you can compensate for this phenomenon, without neutering your sound.
70 watts of Class AB amplification provide plenty of gain and headroom
Offering up a solid 70 watts of Class AB amplification gives the PreSonus Eris E5 a major advantage over studio monitors that feature just enough power to get the job done. It may sound kind of technical, but the way this feature benefits you is actually pretty straightforward. With the Eris E5's gain set to unity (the U in the middle of the dial) you can comfortably monitor your mix at an appropriate level, but still have plenty of extra volume to spare so that run-away transients (momentary loud peaks) sound louder, instead of just distorting at the same relative volume. It's hard to express just how readily this easily overlooked feature of the Eris E5 can save your mix.
Flexible configuration option let you set up your speakers to best meet your needs
Say you want to upgrade your monitoring system with a nice new subwoofer - your Eris E5 monitors easily fit the bill. Thats because each Eris E5 includes a 3-position highpass filter onboard, which lets you cut frequencies below either 80Hz or 100Hz. If you need to further fine tune your sound to achieve a flat frequency response, you'll find fully variable high-frequency and midrange controls on the back that let you boost or cut up to 6dB in their respective ranges. What's more, PreSonus outfitted their Eris E5 studio monitors with unbalanced RCA as well as balanced TRS and XLR inputs, so you can connect them directly to just about any sound source in your studio.
- An outstanding way to upgrade your monitoring so that your mixes translate
- 5.25" Kevlar woofer delivers solid low-end sound with minimal bass distortion
- 1" ultra-low-mass silk-dome tweeter eliminates harshness and provides balanced high-frequency sound
- 70-watt Class AB bi-amplification provides plenty of volume and headroom for nearfield monitoring
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" inputs plus unbalanced RCA inputs provide all the connections you may need
- Acoustic tuning controls let you contour your sound to best meet your mixing environment
- PreSonus Eris E5 studio-monitors offer studio performance for a multimedia-speaker price!
- Powered Yes
- Power Configuration Bi-amped, 80W total
- LF Driver Size 5"
- LF Driver Type Cone
- LF Driver Material Kevlar
- HF Driver Size 1"
- HF Driver Type Dome
- HF Driver Material Silk
- LF Driver Power Amp 45W
- HF Driver Power Amp 35W
- Total Power 80W
- Frequency Range 53Hz - 22kHz
- Crossover Frequency 3kHz
- Maximum Peak SPL 102dB
- Enclosure Type Ported
- Input Types XLR/1/4-inch and unbalanced RCA
- Height 10.24"
- Width 7"
- Depth 7.68"
- Weight 10.2 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number Eris E5