Guild OM-240 CE Acoustic Guitar
Guild OM-240 CE Acoustic Guitar
Guild's iconic arched back makes its return in the Westerly OM-240CE acoustic-electric. The purpose of this trademark feature is twofold: principally, it reduces weight and increases live projection. But it also pays tribute to some of Guild's popular models, like the D-25 and F-30. The result is a great-playing, easy-traveling guitar with Guild's unmistakable look. The Westerly OM-240CE harks back to Guild's golden-era flat tops with some exciting vintage specs, including a mid-sized Orchestra body made from premium woods, a classic Guild C-shaped neck, and a retro red tortoiseshell pickguard. The OM-240CE includes the AP-1 pickup for a clean sound that plugs straight into a PA.
Guild Acoustics: a heritage built on great woods and features
Guild's heritage as one of America's premier early guitar makers is acknowledged in the OM-240CE. Solid Sitka spruce and mahogany meet in a mid-sized Orchestra body with an arched back for a big sound and great playing experience. A real bone nut and saddle deliver golden-era sustain and clarity. And a 1960s red tortoiseshell pickguard gives this guitar a look that was made to be seen.
Guild AP-1 pickup captures this Westerly's natural acoustic voice
The Westerly series' AP-1 piezo pickup is one of the better options we've seen in this price range. The sound is full and dynamic onstage, and it pairs great with a microphone for recording parts at home or in the studio. Volume and tone controls are mounted directly in the soundhole for easy access, and for a look that won't detract from your guitar's natural beauty.
Engineered for a comfortable playing experience
The OM-240CE's clean playability will help channel all your creative ideas into beautiful music. Seasoned players will notice right away the OM-240CE's slinky string action all along the 25.5" scale length C-shape neck. The 1-3/4" nut width spaces out strings suitably for strumming, flatpicking, or fingerstyling, with a good amount of real estate that neither feels cramped nor causes you to reach uncomfortably.
- Iconic arched back pays tribute to Guild's early acoustics
- Unique design is lighter and louder than comparably sized guitars
- Quality mid-size Orchestra body is made from solid Sitka spruce and mahogany
- Vintage-profiled C-shape neck with Indian rosewood fingerboard plays comfortably
- Venetian cutaway lends itself to comfortable lead playing and high capo'ing
- 1960s red tortoiseshell pickguard looks great onstage
- Bone nut and saddle enhance sustain and clarity
- 1-3/4" nut width suits strummers to fingerstylists
- 25.5" scale length has a slinky-smooth action
- Series Westerly Collection
- String Type Steel
- Number of Strings 6
- Body Shape Orchestra
- Body Style Single Cutaway
- Left-/Right-handed Right-handed
- Color Natural
- Finish Matte Polyurethane
- Top Wood Solid Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood Mahogany
- Body Bracing Scalloped X-bracing
- Binding White ABS
- Neck Wood Mahogany
- Neck Shape Slim C
- Radius 16"
- Fingerboard Material Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay Pearloid Dots
- Number of Frets 20
- Scale Length 25.5"
- Tuning Machines Vintage-style Open Tuners
- Bridge Material Rosewood
- Nut/Saddle Material Bone Nut/Compensated Bone Saddle
- Nut Width 1.687"
- Body Length 19.5"
- Body Width 15.5" Lower Bout, 11.5" Upper Bout
- Body Depth 4.12"
- Overall Length 41"
- Electronics AP-1 Active Piezo pickup
- Strings Coated Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge
- Case Included Deluxe Gig bag
- Manufacturer Part Number 383-2405-821
- Guild AP-1 pickup system provides a clean sound for the stage and studio